We sincerely thank you for considering volunteering your valuable time with the Family Justice Center of Georgetown County and the FJC Safe House (shelter). Volunteerism forms the basis for our effectiveness in serving victims of family violence and their children. Please consult the list below for the variety of opportunities to be involved. You may also submit our online Volunteer Form or contact the FJC office at (843) 546-5936 for information.
- Contact partners, volunteers, clients and supporters as needed
- Set-up and maintain office files
- Copy support
- Assemble information packets
- Assist with mailings
- Answer business phones
Basic Computer Support
- Data entry
- Enter clients into our system
- Create Word documents
Advanced Computer Support
- Conduct internet research
- Create spreadsheets in Excel
- Develop and distribute monthly newsletter
- Send out blast emails
- Update website
- Create Powerpoint presentations
- Use Desktop Publishing
- Provide Tech Support and Troubleshooting
- Assist with initial planning, set-up and/or clean-up
- Help with painting, minor repairs, maintenance projects, etc.
- Assist with periodic cleaning of FJC offices on Highmarket Street or tidying up/organizing the FJC Safe House (shelter)
- Provide childcare for clients’ children during individual and group sessions
- Help sort clothes and maintain the clothing boutique for our clients.
- Volunteer at the FJC Safe House (shelter) when it opens in 2013 and provide telephone and intake support
For more information, please contact the center via our Contact page or visit www.familyjusticecenter.com.